The Affiliate of the Year program is receiving an update! Based on feedback from affiliate foundation board members, we are changing the way the program tracks progress. Every affiliate Foundation is automatically “opted in” to the program.
The 2019 program will be based mainly on percent growth in four categories from October 1, 2018 to October 1, 2019. Baseline numbers from September 2018 will be provided to each Affiliate Foundation. The four categories that will be tracked this year will be:
- Assets include all assets/funds under your Affiliate umbrella. Opening new funds could contribute to asset growth
- Any new fund under your Affiliate Foundation between October 1, 2018 and October 1, 2019
- Funds established for planned gifts would count toward the new funds opened
- This includes all grants coming from funds under your Affiliate — including agency partner funds, donor-advised and family funds, scholarships, etc.
Legacy Society Members:
- Measured by number of new Legacy Society members under your Affiliate Foundation added between October 1, 2018 and October 1, 2019
This year there is a bonus category for a customized goal for each Affiliate Foundation. Working with your Regional Team staff, each Affiliate should determine a goal they would like to strive for in the coming months. (Example: We plan on hosting 3 professional advisor meetings before October 1, 2019). An impartial committee will determine the number of points awarded. Points will be awarded based on boldness of goal and progress toward reaching the goal. Any progress towards this goal will be considered for up to 10 bonus points.
Affiliates interested in setting a customized goal for bonus points need to set the goal with Regional Team staff by March 1, 2019. An update on the progress of the goal will be required by October 1, 2019.
The eight Affiliate Foundations with staff will be in a separate category from Affiliates that have an entirely volunteer board. For each first place winner, part of the award will be endowed. There will be a total of $20,000 in awards given for the 2019 Affiliate of the Year program.
|Affiliates with Staff (8)||Affiliates with Volunteers (41)|
|First Place:||$5,000 spendable, $2,500 endowed (total award is $7,500)||$5,000 spendable, $2,500 endowed (total award is $7,500)|
Alice Wingo, Vice President of Regional Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org or (417) 447-5364
Ashley Silva, Director of Regional Advancement and Operations at email@example.com or (417) 447-5368
Judy Cantoni, Associate of Regional Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org or (573) 803-1248
Joe Kammerer, Central Region Manager, at email@example.com or (417) 256-4725