206 W. 10th St.
Lamar, MO 64759
Established: Sept. 10, 2015
Board of Governors:
Nancy Curless, President
George Nichols, Vice President
Heidi Johnson, Secretary
Tom Shields, Treasurer
Lonnie R. Elswick
For more information contact Nancy Curless, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Total Assets (as of June 30, 2019): $415,769
News and Updates
Barton County Community Foundation 2019 Grant Awards
- Lamar R-1 Schools, to help purchase reading rugs and floor seats for the kindergarten classroom: $500 — Improvements will provide better learning spaces for children in the classroom.
- Barton County 4-H, to help fund an outdoor classroom at Lamar East Primary School: $500 — The outdoor classroom will provide students the opportunity to enjoy the environment through a reading program and to participate in outdoor programming with special speakers. Topics will include science projects, farm life and conservation.
- Lodge of Hope, to help fund an outdoor deck on the lower level of the lodge: $1,000 — This covered area will allow veterans and their families with limited mobility and those in wheelchairs a protected area to fish off the dock, especially in inclement weather.
- Lamar Archery, to help fund 3D targets: $1,100 — This will allow the quickly-growing program to double the number of children who can practice shooting at one time. The Archery Team serves 150 students in grades 4 through 12.
Community breakfast event highlights charitable opportunities
BCCF hosted a Community Breakfast on July 11, 2019, at Thiebaud Auditorium. Alice Wingo, Vice President of Affiliates for the Community Foundation of the Ozarks, presented a program on perks and opportunities available to civic groups, churches, schools, municipalities, as well as individuals. Wingo explained different types and the guidelines for each.
CFO honors Nancy Curless, BCCF at 2017 Affiliate Conference
Nancy Curless, president of the Barton County Community Foundation, received a Board Member Award of Excellence from the Community Foundation of the Ozarks. Curless was one of five board leaders within the CFO’s 49-member affiliate network honored at the annual affiliate conference on April 19, 2017, in Springfield.
In addition, the BCCF received 2nd-place honors for Affiliate of the Year in its group. It was one of eight of the 49 affiliate foundations to receive first- or second-place honors. The award comes with $500 for the BCCF’s unrestricted grantmaking fund.
The winners were selected based on their efforts to present philanthropic programming and provide leadership in their communities; develop new funds; recruit and retain strong board members; and offer community grantmaking opportunities.
“Under Nancy’s leadership, the Barton County Community Foundation has made great progress in the short time since it joined our affiliate network,” CFO President Brian Fogle said. “We have been very impressed with BCCF’s activities and commitment in promoting philanthropy in the community.”
2018 Community Grants
- University of Missouri Extension & Barton County Health Department, Summer Lovin’ Health Challenge: $200
- About Our Kids Inc. (AOK), Healthy Sun Habits: $300
- City of Lamar Parks & Recreation, Moore Pavilion Flower Beds: $400
- Golden Harvest Days, Vinyl Signs for Events: $400
- 10th Street Farmers Market, Farmers Market Porta Potty: $450
- Lamar Community Betterment, Wayfinding Signs: $750
2017 Community Grants
- Barton County 4-H, Veteran’s library project: $750
- Golden Harvest Days: $750
- Matching grant for Give Ozarks, AOK: $500
- Matching grant for Give Ozarks, Golden Harvest Days: $400
- Coover Grant Recipient Good Samaritan: $20,000
- Coover Grant Recipient Golden Harvest Days: $11,250
2016 Community Grants
- University of Missouri Extension – Barton County, 4H project: $500
About Our Kids Fund
Barton County Community Fund
Barton County Community Foundation Administrative Capacity Fund
Barton County Good Samaritan Fund
Golden City Little League Fund
Golden Harvest Days Fund
Bob Johnson Scholarship Fund
Danny and Jewell Little Charitable Fund
Peterson Outdoor Ministries Fund
Jack Purinton Agricultural Scholarship Fund
Jack and Betty Purinton Fund
Bob and Judy Rice