Job openings currently available:
The Community Foundation of the Ozarks (CFO) provides place-based philanthropic services for communities in southern Missouri through an extensive network of donors, affiliate foundations and nonprofit partners. The foundation helps to builds stronger communities through resource development and public leadership.
Community Foundation of the Ozarks is currently seeking an Accounting Clerk. Responsibilities include providing support for a variety of financial and accounting duties related to the maintenance and review of the Foundation’s accounting, financial, and statistical records.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Pick up mail and distribute to addressees
- Code and create donor profiles
- Process cash receipts and issue acknowledgements
- Reconcile all affiliate checking accounts
- Review and enter transaction activity for outside managed funds, reconcile accounts, request distributions and fees
- Complete confirmations for outside auditors for agency partners
- Maintain records for life insurance policies, track values, pay premiums
- Track direct deposit gifts and ACH debits for Accounts Payable
- Track corporate registrations and fictitious name filings
- Assists with annual audit and 990 preparation
- Assists with quarterly statement production and mailing
Position Skills and Requirements
Prior experience in accounting and general office duties is preferred. Must be able to remain organized while handling multiple tasks, possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in working with databases, maintain high standards of professionalism, ethics and confidentiality, and time management and organization skills. The ideal candidates will also have a willingness and ability to travel throughout the region as needed and work flexible hours including some nights and weekends as necessary.
This position includes a competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance as well as the option to participate in a 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan. Ten paid holidays are provided along with Vacation and Sick Leave.
Interested candidates may email a cover letter describing your interest in the position, including salary requirements, a resume and a completed application to email@example.com. Questions regarding the position may also be directed to this email address. The deadline for first consideration is April 19, 2019.
Community Foundation of the Ozarks is a public foundation serving Ozarks communities in Missouri. The CFO is dedicated to working with its donors, nonprofit partners, and affiliated community foundations to enhance the quality of life in southern Missouri through resource development, community grantmaking, collaboration, and public leadership. Founded in 1973, the CFO has since grown to include 49 affiliate community foundations and more than 3,000 charitable funds.
The CFO is an equal opportunity employer.