The Community Foundation of the Ozarks will offer $100,000 in matching grants to 18 Springfield-area nonprofit agencies if they can raise equivalent funds by Feb. 2, 2015.
The 18 agencies were selected for the potential impact of the grants to address “red-flag” issues identified in the 2013 Community Focus Report for Springfield-Greene County.
This grant cycle has been in place since the 2008 recession to help provide operating funds to sustain existing strong programs through the economic downturn and recovery. The grant awards are determined by a volunteer committee, which considered $216,600 in requests for this cycle. This year’s members are: Stephanie Stenger Montgomery, Chair; Robert Carolla, Carol Cruise, Tom DenOuden, Doug McNeal, Debbie Shantz Hart, and David Yaktine.
Donations to help any of these organizations achieve their matching challenges can be made directly to the agency. Gifts are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the IRS.
The agencies selected for this year’s Community Response Challenge Grants are:
- Child Advocacy Center: $6,000
- Christian Support Center: $6,000
- Ozark Trails Council, Boy Scouts of America: $3,750
- Good Samaritan Boys Ranch: $6,000
- The Victim Center: $6,000
- Missouri College Advising Corps: $6,000
- The Doula Foundation of Mid-America: $6,000
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service: $6,000
- Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri: $6,000
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ozarks: $6,000
- Great Circle: $6,000
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Ozarks, Inc.: $6,000
- Family Violence Center: $6,000
- Safe to Sleep, Council of Churches of the Ozarks: $2,500
- The Kitchen, Inc.: $6,000
- CASA of Southwest Missouri: $6,000
- Pregnancy Care Center: $6,000
- Ozarks Regional YMCA: $3,750
These grants are part of the CFO’s 2015 Metro Springfield grant program, which is made possible by the generosity of donors who provide unrestricted or field-of-interest gifts that are used annually for competitive grant cycles. For more information on CFO grants, visit: cfozarks.org/cfo-grantmaking-programs.