(Not Pictured: Representatives of the Kimberling Area Library Association)
Eight Springfield-area and regional non-profits were each awarded a $1,250 Endowment Building Grant from the Community Foundation of the Ozarks at CFO’s annual Agency Partners Luncheon on Tuesday, August 23.
The monies were awarded as part of CFO’s annual endowment-building grant round, which seeks to help agency partners with communications and outreach projects that will enhance their ability to raise funds and help their communities.
The eight recipients were:
- Willow Springs School Foundation (brochures/handouts to community and alumni)
- Good Samaritan Boys Ranch (postcard campaign/breakfast and lunch events on planned giving)
- Tri County Pregnancy Resource Center (website/social media campaign)
- East Newton R-6 Charitable Foundation (estate planning-specific mailings to alumni)
- Kimberling Area Library Association (“Buy a Brick” fundraising campaign materials)
- Sigma House of Springfield, Inc. (video production for website, booklet for distribution to potential donors)
- Springfield Ballet, Inc. (creation of Legacy Scholarship Endowment Fund)
- Urban Neighborhoods Alliance (materials for Campaign for the Community and Project CoRE)
The 2011 Agency Partners Luncheon was held at 319 Downtown in Springfield. After opening remarks by CFO President Brian Fogle and lunch, more than 130 attendees learned about the Ozarks Empowerment Project, a multi-pronged initiative being started by CFO, which is aimed at helping Agency Partners become more efficient and effective through workshops, interactive projects, online outreach and other endeavors. Look for more Ozarks Empowerment Project details at cfozarks.org in coming days and weeks.
Also honored were CFO’s new Agency Partners, added during the 2011 fiscal year (ended June 30), and Agency Partners who opened new funds during the same year. All attendees took home gifts of chocolate-covered marshmallows from Elle’s Patisserie in Springfield.
For more information on becoming an Agency Partner of CFO, or for information on the 2011-12 grant rounds, contact Bridget Dierks at firstname.lastname@example.org.