The CFO would like to welcome five new board members, who were elected at the quarterly Board of Directors meeting this week.
The new members, who will serve three-year terms effective July 1, 2011, represent a broad cross-section of the CFO’s regional outreach, programming and donor services. They are:
- Richard Cavender, recently retired as executive director of the Meramec Regional Planning Commission based in St. James and serving an eight-county area. He was instrumental in founding the Meramec Regional Community Foundation last year and also has established the Richard and Jeanne Cavender Scholarship Fund with CFO.
- Dr. Chris Craig is the Director of the School of Education and Child Development at Drury University. He has been a key supporter in the development of the Rural Schools Partnership and Ozarks Teacher Corps.
- Rob Foster is president of the Marshfield Area Community Foundation, which was established as a CFO affiliate in 2005. He created Marshfield’s annual Boots, Bands & Barbeque successful fundraising event.
- Karen Miller is a long-time member of the Finley River Community Foundation board and a sponsor of the Youth Empowerment Project chapter at Ozark High School.
- Jami S. Peebles is the Executive Vice President and Southern Regional Manager for Central Trust and Investment in Springfield and has been a strong partner on the CFO’s Professional Advisors Council.
They will be filling the positions being vacated by Kevin Ausburn, John Cooper, Sharon Whitehill Gray, Lou Thelen Kemp, and Dr. Tom Prater, Chairman emeritus.
We appreciate the many years of service from our retiring board members and look forward to working with the new directors.
The CFO’s new Executive Committee beginning July 1 will be comprised of: Chairman Cliff Brown; Co-Chair Jill Reynolds; Secretary Shari Hoffman; Treasurer Dusty Shaw; and At-Large member Dr. Gloria Galanes.