The Community Foundation of the Ozarks is a regional public charitable foundation that includes grantmaking as part of its core mission. A number of grant cycles are available throughout the year. Please review the list below to determine if your potential proposal meets criteria for a grant cycle. All grants must be awarded to 501(c)3 or equivalent education/government/faith nonprofit entities or fiscal agents. Grants are only awarded to agencies located within the 58 counties of Missouri located south of the Missouri River.
The CFO’s grant cycles run from July 1-June 30. Grant information for each fiscal year is updated after July 1.
Each individual grant has an online application, unless otherwise specified.
This list includes three sections: Metro Springfield; Regional and Field-of-Interest.
Metropolitan Springfield grant programs are exclusively for agencies serving Springfield and Greene County. Many of these programs support innovative concepts and collective impact models. Many programs focus on addressing the Red Flags identified in the Community Focus Report for Springfield and Greene County.
Coover Regional: The CFO partners with The Commerce Trust Company to administer the Louis L. and Julia Dorothy Coover grantmaking program for new and innovative proposals that address regional needs through advocacy, public education or capacity building. This is for agencies within the CFO’s service region that are outside of Greene County. This grant program will not open for application until Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018, with applications due by 5 p.m. Friday, March 15, 2019. Applications may not be submitted until Nov. 15, 2018. Please check back at that time for a link to the online application.
Coover Place-Based Education: The Louis L. and Julia Dorothy Coover grantmaking program also offers grants for place-based education projects for school districts that are members of the CFO’s Rural Schools Partnership. Deadline: TBA
Affiliate Grantmaking: Most of the CFO’s 49 regional affiliate foundations operate their own community grantmaking programs with varying application criteria and deadlines. Click here for more information.
The Community Foundation of Ozarks manages specialty grant funds established by donors who would like to have a positive impact on a specific field of donor interest. These funds are for a large spectrum of community needs and are sometimes relatively specific in their purpose. Please note the following grant programs and their purposes, which have varying due dates.
- Charles L. and Dorothy Weaver Memorial Orthodontic Grant (youth orthodontics)
- Lindsay Austin Smith Community Crisis Fund (family emergency support)
- Explore the Ozarks Fund Grant (access to experiential conservation education opportunities for K-12 students in the Ozarks)
- L.E.A.H. (Lending Every Amputee Hope) Grant (assistance for those with current or ongoing need need of care for amputation)
- Ripley Butler Clay Fund for the Arts (artist support in Ripley, Clay, or Butler County)
- Indigent Burial and Funeral Fund (reimbursement grants to support indigent cremation)
- The Ellis Fund (pediatric cancer support)
- Paisley Collins Memorial Foundation (pediatric cancer support)
- Lennie Cloud Fund for the Hearing Impaired
- Jerry & Tac Caplan Midlife Initiative Fund (support for women making a career change in midlife)
- William E. Eslick Fund (for Greene County Southern Baptist Churches)
- The Senior and Dorinda’s Dream Funds (end-of-life wishes)
- Norma A Carolla Hospice Nurse Scholarship Fund (hospice nurse education program)
- Helen M. Delano Fund (firefighter and police officer crisis support)
- The Caplan Holocaust Fund (Holocaust education support)
- The Kramer Holocaust Fund (Holocaust education support)
- MS Wellness Fund established by Janie Brunette RN MSN and Linda L. Duncan (multiple sclerosis support)
- The Wounded War Veterans Grant Program
- The Smith Atwell Girls Recreational Grant Program (for agencies in Greene County)
Details and applications for these programs are found on the Specialty Grants page.
CFO Logos for Grant Promotion Use (JPG) –
(If you need a different file type or size, please contact email@example.com)