The Community Foundation of the Ozarks welcomes five new members and a new slate of officers to its Board of Directors for the 2018–19 fiscal year that began July 1. Directors on the 21-member board can serve up to two three-year terms.
The new board members are:
- Debra Shantz Hart, attorney and co-founder of Housing Plus in Springfield. She previously chaired the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
- Ron Kraettli, of Hermann, retired banker and board member of the Community Foundation of the Hermann Area Inc.
- Susan Krauss, of Perryville, co-owner of Liberty Glass and founding member of the Perry County Community Foundation.
- Megan Morris, foundation and philanthropy advisor for Bass Pro Shops in Springfield. She has previously served on the CFO’s Metro Springfield Collective Impact grant committee.
- Kelly Parson, president of OakStar Bank in Bolivar. He also serves as president of the Bolivar Area Community Foundation.
The 2018–19 Executive Committee is comprised of: Robin Walker, Chair; Abram McGull II, Vice-chair; Rhonda Christopher, Treasurer; Ron Penney, Secretary; Jeff Schrag, Chair emeritus; Jim Holt, At-Large; Morey Mechlin, At-Large; and Randy Howard, Investment Advisory Board Chair.
Founded in 1973, the CFO is the region’s largest public charitable foundation serving a network of donors, 49 affiliate foundations and nonprofit partners across central and southern Missouri through about 3,100 funds with assets of $283 million as of June 30.