The Community Foundation of the Ozarks would like to congratulate all of the winners of the 2013 Missourian Award, several of whom have a special place in the southwest Missouri philanthropic world and here at CFO.
Among this year’s winners, via the Springfield Business Journal (article behind paywall):
Leon Combs, the retired businessman and philanthropist from Bradleyville, who has done great good for students in the rural district though a fundraising 5K and 10K that brings in tens of thousands of dollars in scholarships annually. Combs also has a long history of service with the CFO and the Rural Schools Partnership.
Cheryl Burnett, the Director of Development at Missouri State University and beloved ex-women’s basketball coach is a board member for the CFO’s Table Rock Lake affiliate.
Dr. C.J. Huff, the superintendent for Joplin Public Schools whose leadership was the catalyst for the district’s rebound from the May 22, 2011 EF-5 tornado. Dr. Huff spoke at our 2012 Agency Partners luncheon.
The rest of the 2013 honorees are:
- Bob Beine, president of Beine Automotive Group
- Charles Edward, former CEO of CoxHealth, who is being recognized posthumously
- Rudy Farber, past president and CEO of Community Bank and Trust
- former Missouri Rep. Tim Harlan, D-Columbia
- Dwayne Holden, president and CEO of Custom Metalcraft Inc.
- Norm Ridder, superintendent of Springfield Public Schools
- Dr. Bharat Shah, section chairman and plastic surgeon with Mercy Clinic Plastic Surgery and medical director of Mercy Medical Spa
- retired NCAA basketball coach Tom Smith
- Erick Taylor, president and CEO of Pyramid Foods
- Glenna Wallace, chief of the Eastern Shawnee
- Mike Williamson, past president and CEO of Empire Bank.