Congratulations to our friends at the Marshfield Area Community Foundation, who recently made their annual grant awards at the “Boots, Bands & Barbeque” event.
The annual outdoor, tented event featured several bands entertaining before and after dinner, silent and live auctions, a barbeque dinner, and grant presentations before The Mark Chapman Band took the stage. This year’s evening also featured the Marshfield Performing Arts Society doing several numbers from a recent production of “Oklahoma.”
During his remarks, MACF President Rob Foster stressed his commitment to the Board’s upcoming ‘100-Year Plan” to increase participation in the Legacy Society.
Foster also announced the grant awards, which included the following:
- Webster County Food Pantry – $11,000 through the Ozarks Million Dollar Hunger Challenge;
- Marshfield Community Center – $780;
- Marshfield Cherry Blossom Committee – $500;
- T.E.A.C.H. – S.U.C.C.E.S.S. – $1,080;
- Marshfield Schools’ S.O.S. program – $790;
- Marshfield Performing Arts – $500;
- Pod 2 Kindergarten – $1,000;
- Webco Custom Industries – $250;
- Webster County Helping Hands – $1,000;
- Marshfield Junior High Computer Lab – $500; and
- Imagination Station – $500.