Some tickets still remain for the second “Flights of Fancy” celebration taking place at the Springfield-Branson National Airport on Thursday.
The event, which includes a great program of Springfield performers, the Springfield Regional Arts Council’s Ozzie Awards and other special presentations, takes place from 6 to 8:30 p.m. tomorrow.
All proceeds from the tax-deductible $25 ticket price benefit the “10 Weeks Festival” and are equally shared between the Foundation’s Arts Education Endowment and featured speaker Doug Pitt’s “Care to Learn” program.
The SRAC will honor Virginia Bussey as this year’s Individual Award Recipient. Other Ozzies will be presented to: SATO 48 for the Organizational Award; Cox Health Systems for the Corporate Award; and Sen. Roy Blunt for the Leadership Award. As a special part of the awards ceremony, state Sen. Bob Dixon will present a House and Senate Resolution for the 2011 Ozzie Award honorees as well as the Leadership Ozzie to Sharon Nahon, who will accept on behalf of Sen. Blunt.
A performance schedule for the evening is as follows:
- Springfield Little Theatre Young Artists, Lander’s Kids and Troupers in Training: 6-6:30
- Springfield Symphony-Borderline Wind Trio: 6:30-6:45
- Springfield Ballet: 6:45-7
- “Arts in Action”/”Care to Learn” and Springfield Regional Arts Council Ozzie Awards: 7-7:30
- SRO Lyric Theatre: 7:30-7:45
- Springfield Symphony-Borderline Wind Trio: 7:45-8
- Springfield Ballet: 8-8:15
- SRO Lyric Theatre: 8:15-8:30
Eight members of the Arts Council’s Registry artists will provide ongoing demonstrations, as well as interactions with costumed cast members of Springfield Little Theatre’s production of “Cats,” sidewalk artist, Eric Vaughn, living artist “statues” and many other roving entertainers and performers.
Tickets are available online, or or may be purchased at the door. Guests may park in the lot on the east side of the Airport.