This spring, high school students from the Springfield chapter of the CFO Youth Empowerment Project awarded more than $1,800 in grants to nonprofits serving area children, families and students. The members made all of the grantmaking decisions through a formal application-and-review process.
The 2018 YEP Grant recipients were:
- The Child Advocacy Center, $286.50
- FosterAdopt Connect, $500
- Isabel’s House, Crisis Nursery of the Ozarks, $300
- Newborns in Need Springfield Chapter, $300
- Springfield Dream Center, $200
- The Victim Center, $227
YEP, which has more than 30 chapters across the Ozarks, was founded to promote youth philanthropy on the tenants of education, service, fundraising, and grantmaking.