The Weaver Orthodontic Grant provides three scholarships annually for full treatment orthodontic services for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be within the age range of 10 to 30 years of age, with a full set of permanent teeth already in place.
- Applicant must be within the service area of the Community Foundation of the Ozarks (southern Missouri Ozarks region).
- Applicant must be within driving range of and the ability to travel to the participating orthodontist’s offices in the Springfield Metro Area for the full 20 to 30+ month timeline for optimum treatment outcomes and must have a means of transportation to orthodontic appointments through a parent or guardian or have the ability to self-transport.
- Applicants must have access to a general dentist who will continue to provide cleaning and maintenance requirements during the span of treatment by the orthodontist.
- Financial need of applicant must be established through eligibility for participation in the Federal Free Lunch program through the school they attend or, if not in school, proof of qualification for Medicaid.
Your completed Weaver orthodontic application must include the following in the order listed:
- Weaver Application (below)
- Parent/Legal Guardian Agreement Form
- School Nurse Recommendation Form
- Dentist Recommendation Form
- One-page letter of recommendation from a non-relative
- Applicant’s one-page essay
Please complete the attached application. All fields of this application are required.
- Download Weaver Orthodontic Grant application (PDF)
- Download Weaver Orthodontic Grant application (Word)
Deadline for application submission for the 2020 Weaver Orthodontic program is March 31, 2020.
Fully complete applications, including the Dentist and School Nurse forms, are required for consideration of the Weaver Award. Please contact Ellen Neville-Verdugo at the Community Foundation of the Ozarks at (417) 864-6199.