The Community Foundation is turning 45, and to celebrate we’re inviting our Agency Partners to enter our 45-Second Video Grant Challenge. Using a video, please describe a problem your agency wants to address; how a $4,500 would address the issue; and how this project advances the CFO’s mission of connecting passion to purpose. Two agencies – one from Springfield, one from our regional service area – will each be awarded a $4,500 grant.
The goal: Using our goal of “Connecting Passion to Purpose” as inspiration to help our partners
create real betterment in their communities.
Please find rules and requirements, an application link and help documents below.
Entering a Successful Video
Entrants and finalists will be expected to:
1.) Explain a specific problem or challenge facing your agency and how a $4,500 grant would help solve it;
2.) Explain how this project advances the CFO’s mission of connecting passion to purpose.
Ideal videos will spend approximately 15 seconds explaining the program, another 15 seconds describing your solution, and the final 15 seconds explaining how the grant can help further the CFO goal of “Connecting Passion to Purpose.”
Local filmmaker Brandon Goodwin of Blend Studio has shared some advice for making simple, effective video appeals. You can download that document here. [LINK TO BG FILE]
Rules and Requirements
- Nonprofits must be Agency Partners of the Community Foundation of the Ozarks with an open fund as of March 23, 2018.
- Each agency may enter only one video.
- Videos must be no longer than 45 seconds.
- Videos are due by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 11.
- To enter, videos must be uploaded to a separate Vimeo or YouTube account. You must paste the url of the video in the entry form and enter the name of your agency as the caption. All submissions are final (no tweaking post-submission).
- Videos will not be visible to the public immediately; the CFO will approve the entry and they will all go live for voting simultaneously on May 18.
- Public votes will narrow the field in two categories: Springfield and Regional. Springfield/Regional status will be based on PHYSICAL HEADQUARTERS ADDRESSS, not service area.
- Votes are limited to one vote per video, per round, from any single ISP address. (Which means you could vote for every video once, but only once. Group ISPs – like an office or school – will only allow one employee to record a vote for a given video.)
- The first round of voting will begin at 8 a.m. on Friday, May 18 and end at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 25. First-round voting will determine who moves on to Round 2.
- The second round of voting will begin at 8 a.m. on Friday, June 1, and end at 5 p.m. on Monday, June 11. Second-round voting will determine up to five finalists.
- A CFO committee will choose the winner from among the finalists in each category, one Springfield agency and one Regional agency will receive the $4,500 grant to be awarded at the CFO’s Donor Dinner on June 20, 2018, in Springfield. Finalists should have a representative available on that date to be considered.