The Willard Children’s Charitable Foundation awarded $7,500 in scholarships to ten Willard High School Seniors at the May 8, 2012 award ceremony. The recipients of the WCCF scholarships are:
- Jessica Walker, $1,000 – Bill Gould Scholarship
- Amanda McKiernan, $1,000 – WCCF Scholarship
- Kim Pearl, $1,000 – WCCF Scholarship
- Christina Todea, $1,000 – WCCF Scholarship
- Rhianna Larson, $1,000 – WCCF Scholarship
- Charlie Bird, $500 – Dr. Mildred Fortner Scholarship
- Ryan Stewart, $500 – John Oscar Farmer Scholarship
- Jennifer Williams, $500 – Jim Staley Scholarship
- Tyler Hampton, $500 – Missouri Association of School Administrators in appreciation for Dr. Medlin
- Michael Burgess, $500 – WHS Alumni in memory of Joe Cosby
Members of the WCCF Scholarship Committee are Dr. Medlin, Chair; J.M. Crighton; Deloris Demore; and Rick Stenberg.
The Willard Children’s Charitable Foundation is ending its seventh year of activity serving the children of the Willard School District. The mission of the Willard Children’s Charitable Foundation is to raise, manage, and distribute private investment to benefit the children and the future generations of the Willard Community.
Through the generosity of the employees of the Willard Schools, local business leaders, and individuals in our community, funds have been collected and disbursed for life changing experiences of our Willard children.
The Willard Children’s Charitable Foundation is in its infancy. It is growing and developing through community involvement. Your help with funding and identifying children in need in our community is the recipe to the Foundation’s success. If you would like to help with a contribution or know of a child in need you can contact Danette Proctor, President and Trustee at 742-3500 or Jerome Rader, Trustee at 742-2157.